Sunday 3 August 2014

LOTV Wedding Card and Presentation Box

Hello Crafters

I hope your crafty weekend is going well :)

I have just popped up to show you a LOTV wedding card and box I made.



The base card was cut using the largest of the GoKreate XXL Square Frilly Frame #2 dies.  I cut two in snow white centura pearl, a pearlescent card from Crafters Companion.  I then stuck these together to create a hinged card.

Several other die cuts were layered up to create an interesting layout.  The timber effect card in the background is from Kanban and it has a beautifully subtle gold foiling effect on it which I didn't manage to capture with my camera.

The image is from LOTV and I over-stamped various postal marks around the edges and inked using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink.   The postage mark stamps etc are from a Viva Decor stamps but I'm not sure that they are available any more.   Little touches of Glamourdust completed the topper.

I embellished the card using Wild Orchid Crafts trellis roses in various sizes and shades.  All the roses have had a dusting of Glamour Dust too.  A Magnolia Doo Hickey die leaf and flourish finished off the floral arrangements.

The sentiments are from Kanban.



I used the Go Kreate die again to make a card insert from Centura Pearl paper and found a lovely verse on the Web to go inside.  The scrolling cartouche opposite could be used to include the recipient couples monograms (note to self for next time :)  )

A co-ordinating box finished off this project, the large flourish is from the Cheery Lynn die company.

Please pop over to and like my Facebook page if you have a spare 5 minutes to see what else I've been making.

I'm entering this card into:

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #119 - Words - Top 5 Winner
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes6



Thanks for visiting

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful wedding card, I love all the delicate finishing touches. Thanks for entering the Fussy & Fancy Challenge and good luck xx Annie

Virginia L. said...

What a precious wedding keepsake, Julie Ann! Love the elements and details in this card! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Beth Brovold said...

Congratulations Julie Ann on your Top 5 win at our Fussy and Fancy "Words" challenge!! Your project is just GORGEOUS!!!
Take care,
Beth

Vannessa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Julie Ann. Congratulations on your win at Fussy & Fancy.

Hugs, Vannessa
F & F DT