Wednesday 30 July 2014

Card in a Box - Jungle Style

Hello Crafters

The weather here is decidedly cooler and I for one am so glad.  Don't get me wrong I love the warm, sunny days but it was getting just a bit too sticky for me.

I'm back today to show you a card in a box project that I made for a little boy's 1st birthday.  He loves animals so it was jungle all the way . . . especially apt since it was very jungle like in my crafting area i.e. humid and boiling hot when I made it.

©JulieAnnDesigns2014

I found a tutorial on the web for the measurements of this design, but I guess it can be made any size as long as you get the proportions right.

I used a First Editions paper pad "Animal Antics" for the designer paper, you can't see it very well but it is quite glittered.  The animals are all digital images from the ClipArt Fairy, coloured with Copic markers and decoupaged to give them dimension and personality.



The jungle fronds are really fir tree fronds cut with a Cheery Lynn die (I think, I did my usual trick of throwing away their packaging).  I chalked the tips with blue chalk.  A little sentiment and it was all done.

I made a matching box decorated with some fabric 3D stickers that have been in my stash forever but were so right for this project.  So the next time you look at all your crafty stuff and think I'll never use all this, think on, amongst it all is the perfect thing for your next project!

If you have 5 minutes to spare pop over onto my Facebook page and see what else I've been making.

Thanks for visiting


1 comment:

Wendy said...

This is fabulous Julie Ann, so so cute! and gorgeous box too to put it in.
Hope you are keeping well.
Hugs
Wendy xx